There are tons of products out there that claim to help you lose weight or help you to maintain your weight. Some of those products come in the form of weight loss drinks. Among those beverages is a product known as Plexus Slim. In this article, we’re going to take a quick look at the ingredients inside this product and see if it stands up the hype it’s created about itself.
What is Plexus Slim?
Plexus Slim is said to be “an affordable weight management program” that has no side effects, but that’s definitely worth more of a look at. This product is a weight loss drink supplement that is meant to be ingested in conjunction with a variety of other factors, including regular diet and exercise. In short, this product is meant to be an affordable alternative to other diet based beverages that are on the market, and is assumed to be more effective than those products as well. There are a number of distributors who promote this product.
What’s Inside The Capsule?
This diet solution has a number of interesting ingredients in it, most of which you don’t find in other drinks designed to help people lose weight. Some of them appear to help with weight loss, whereas others appear to be there in order to help with the color and flavor of the drink. Let’s take a look.
- Polydextrose, which is a soluble fiber that has no calories, and can help with digestive health.
- Citric acid, which has no benefits for shedding pounds in and of itself, but contains vitamin C, which has other health benefits.
- Beet root, which helps you feel “more full,” thus suppressing appetite.
- Lo Han Extract and Stevia, which are both sweeteners to help with the taste of the drink. Some people believe that Stevia helps with weight loss, but there’s almost no evidence for that.
- Chlorogenic Acid, normally found in mulberries and green coffee beans, does have a bit of evidence regarding its role in weight loss. Some studies also suggest that this may have a laxative effect, which is sometimes used in the dieting process to help get rid of calories, but you have to be careful with that.
- Citrin K. This is actually the ingredient that Plexus Slim has that is found in a lot of other products. It also goes by the name of garcinia cambogia, and is assumed to help reduce appetite and stimulate metabolism.
There are a number of other, lower level or minor ingredients found in this pill as well.
Even though the parent companies official website claims that there are no side effects, you do have to be careful. Here are some of the side effects that could occur, based on the ingredients inside of Plexus Slim.
- Gas, due to the number of fibers in the drink.
- Some people with liver problems could have issues due to a couple of the ingredients in the drink.
- Heart disease may be related to a couple of the lesser acids in the drink.
- Some of the ingredients cause low low blood sugar levels, and in those who already have low blood sugar, that could be dangerous.
As you can see, many of the side effects listed here are ones that are related to specific issues. In people who are not pregnant or do not have any of the above issues, it’s probably fine to try, even though there isn’t really a lot of proof that the ingredients in Plexus Slim are going to do anything for weight loss.